Employment » Lead QA Engineer
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining test scenarios, preparing test scripts for manual and automated testing, testing software according to specifications and assisting in the debugging process. The Test Engineer insures that software is validated for release in a manner consistent with company approved procedures. A wide degree of creativity and responsibility is expected.
This role will organize and work with multiple software developers on products and processes, take responsibility for the quality of specific features and/or releases, and define testing requirements/objectives for changes to existing products.
· Excellent knowledge and understanding of QA processes & the Testing industry.
· Great understanding of testing concepts and how testing fits in with the overall project life cycle
· Good Knowledge & past experience working in various testing methodologies: V Model, Waterfall, Agile and testing trends
· Ability to be analytical and work creatively in a fast-paced problem-solving environment.
· Ability to produce deliverables and meet deadlines despite distractions
· Thorough understanding of contemporary approaches such as Agile delivery e.g. SCRUMS, continuous and risk-based testing
· Sound knowledge and experience in writing test plans, test scripts and test schedules
· Good knowledge of Maritime communications industry/market place.
· Experience of Integration and Acceptance Testing of Telecommunications services and equipment
· Clear and effective communication skills at all levels
· Strong Project Management ability
· To drive the Quality excellence of Globe wireless products/Services and successful deployment of related projects, taking the technical lead and responsibility in a team encompassing GSM,E-mail, Web services and other associated technologies, working in a matrix project structure
· Execution of all Test and Integration activities (from design stage to first site implementation) of new Globe Wireless Services and Solutions to agreed schedules and in accordance with Globe Wireless procedures and standards.
· Compiling and agreeing detailed test plans and test scripts with other Globe Wireless departments (e.g Software Development) and third party suppliers (where applicable).
· Supporting and progressing of problems identified during testing/Operation with other Globe wireless departments and third party suppliers to a timely and satisfactory resolution
· Specification and Management of test resources
- Generation and management of associated documentation.
- Act as a point of contact for QA department dealing with all internal and external stake holders.
- BS degree or equivalent in Engineering, Electronics, IT, Telecommunications
- Significant QA experience of IT/Telecom support on complex mission critical systems.
- Experience of working on large installations using own initiative.
Submit qualifications and resume to:
Include salary history and requirements. EOE.